Here's my list of the top ten best moments from The Spy Who Loved Me. I've tried to pick actual individual moments rather than sequences. I had to cut it down from a very long list! What are your favorite moments?
10. The scientists look to Stromberg terrified as the elevator door shuts on them.
9. Jaws lives up to his nickname, killing the shark.
8. Bond interrupts XXX, when, while rattling off 007's dossier, she gets to Tracy's death.
7. XXX bests 007, correcting him about the location of Stromberg's marine research laboratory on Sardinia.
6. After having been instructed not to, Bond attempts to shake hands with Stromberg.
5. 007 doesn't fall for (or through) the elevator's trap door (even a greater moment when you recall Bond's instincts in Blofeld's elevator in Diamonds Are Forever).
4. Bond gives Stromberg a taste of his own medicine, firing through the under table gun barrel chute.
3. We find out the Lotus' main functionality.
2. Bond fails to assist Stromberg's henchman... "What a helpful chap."
For good measure, what I think is the worst moment from The Spy Who Loved Me: I can understand the British and Soviets joining forces, but it's a little too much to think MI6 would march the Russians straight through Q's lab!