Here's my list of the top ten best moments from The Man with the Golden Gun. I've tried to pick actual individual moments rather than sequences. What are your favorite moments?
10. When Bond wonders who'd want to pay $1 million to kill him, M responds: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors, the list is endless!"
9. Andrea Anders' (Maud Adams) demise.
8. The canted temporary headquarters of M are revealed inside the wreckage of the Queen Elizabeth.
7. Bond sucker kicks his opponent at the training school.
6. Lt. Hip's nieces turn out to be karate experts.
5. The return of Sheriff J. W. Pepper.
4. We see that the fingers of Bond's left hand are "back" on his wax figure.
3. Scaramanga assembles his gun.
2. Bond aims the specially-made rifle at Lazar with the line: "...speak or forever hold your peace/piece."
1. The AMC Hornet's astonishing mid-air 360.
The Man with the Golden Gun qualifies as one of the least effective films in the series, with nonetheless one of the best villains.
For good measure, what I think is the worst moment from The Man with the Golden Gun: Crazily it's the same as my #1 favorite moment, the 360 done by Bond in the AMC Hornet, because the moment was colossally ruined by that awful "comic" penny whistle sound effect— when the stunt is shown in "compilations" invariably the James Bond theme is properly played.