Sunday, April 19, 2009

Summer Movie Preview 2009


Entertainment Weekly gives us their annual Summer Movie Preview: my favorite issue of the year (even besting the Oscar issues). Below I've ranked the ten films of the summer I'm most excited to see: I've arranged my list around the weekends of release.


Films on my list (pending reviews for some/no-matter-what for others) for summer 2009:

May 1: The Limits of Control and X-Men Origins: Wolverine
May 8: Star Trek (#4)
May 15: Angels & Demons
May 21: Terminator Salvation (#1)
May 22: Night of the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
May 29: Departures and Up (#8)

June 5: The Hangover and Land of the Lost
June 12: Moon and The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
June 19: Whatever Works (#5) and Year One
June 24: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

July 1: Public Enemies (#6)
July 10: Bruno (#3)
July 17:(500) Days of Summer (#7) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
July 31: Funny People

August 7: G. I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra (#9), Julie & Julia (#10), and Shorts
August 21: Inglorious Basterds (#2)

Some others look interesting, but will wait for trailers to decide on those.j

No comments: