The hits, the misses of summer movies 2008, so far... Easily on the misses side would be Speed Racer (an abysmal $42.9 million-to-date, domestic), The Love Guru ($26.1 million to-date domestic), and Narnia: Prince Caspian (a not-even Horton Hears A Who! total to-date of $137.8 million domestic). Thankfully, Prince Caspian's international numbers ($275.6 million to-date) assure the continuation of the series. The hits: Iron Man, Indy, Sex and the City, and relatively: The Incredible Hulk and Zohan. Overachievers also certainly include What Happens in Vegas.
Here are the top ten summer movies so far (domestic grosses to-date):
1. Iron Man ($309.5)
2. Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($300.8)
3. Kung Fu Panda ($181.1)
4. Sex and the City ($140.8)
5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian ($137.8)
6. The Incredible Hulk ($117.2)
7. You Don't Mess With the Zohan ($91.7)
8. Get Smart ($80.4)
9. What Happens in Vegas ($78.4)
10. WALL-E ($72.0)
Now onto July 4th Weekend and Hancock (with The Dark Knight looming large, July 18).