Friday, January 25, 2008

Oscar Trivia Friday!

For each of the Fridays between now and the 80th Annual Oscars, I offer some good old-fashioned Oscar trivia, leading us up to the big night. If you want to post guesses in the comments, that's fine-- I'll reveal the answers in the subsequent Friday entry. No prizes!!! Just for fun!






Match the Oscar host with the quip:

Johnny Carson _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Chevy Chase _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Billy Crystal _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Ellen DeGeneres _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Whoopi Goldberg _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Bob Hope _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

David Letterman _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Steve Martin _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Chris Rock _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

Jon Stewart _____ (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, or J)

(A.) “Welcome to the Academy Awards, or, as it’s known at my house, ‘Passover.’” (1968)

(B.) “I see a lot of new faces, especially on the old faces.” (1979)

(C.) “Good evening, Hollywood phonies.” (1988)

(D.) “Where is that big terrible number that usually opens the Oscars?... The one that goes (singing): “It’s a wonderful night for Oscar…” (1990)

(E.) “Uma…. Oprah…. Have you kids met Keanu?” (1995)

(F.) “… the last time I was here the most controversial thing you could put on a dress was a ribbon. But times change.” (1999)

(G.) “… hosting the Oscars is like making love to a beautiful woman— it’s something I only get to do when Billy Crystal is out of town.” (2001)

(H.) “OK, who is Jude Law? Why is he in every movie I have seen the last four years?” (2005)

(I.) “’Good Night and Good Luck,’ which is not just Edward R. Murrow's signoff, it's also how Mr. Clooney ends all his dates.” (2006)

(J.) "I think most people dream of winning an Academy Award, I had a dream of actually hosting the Academy Awards, and so let that be a lesson to you kids out there— aim lower." (2007)

No comments: