Friday, January 4, 2008

Lost In Translation's Missing Line

This has been on YouTube awhile, but has been making the rounds lately, it reveals the line that Bill Murray whispers to Scarlett Johansson in LOST IN TRANSLATION. I do think that everyone should heed the warning about maybe not clicking on it-- and never knowing what is said. THINK IT THROUGH OVERNIGHT, not just for a second. One person posted the following comment: "that's disappointing. I suppose I never should have watched this. The mystery of not knowing the words he spoke was a lot more romantic and effective."

I did listen to it and I have to say that I was pleased. Maybe because I feared that Murray was just told to mumble anything (or just adlibbed anything) and that there really wasn't a line at all. I'm glad it was something and although nothing would be perfect, I did like what he said even if it wasn't exactly SHAKESPEARE.

No comments: