Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trailers Before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

There were five trailers before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Here are my thoughts on them:

Batman Begins. I have the same reaction to it as when I saw it with Iron Man-- a real question mark. It has the potential for being a great movie, then again how much different can it be from the previous Joker-centric '89 version?

Kung Fu Panda. It's growing on me.

Eagle Eye. This was a cinch to be one of the trailers. The Shia LaBeouf thriller looks decent; kind of a generic trailer, though.

Hancock. Another slightly different trailer-- how many versions of the Hancock trailer are there?-- that definitely belies a nervous studio. I can't say I'm getting excited for it, but I'll be there July 4th weekend.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Another one of those trailers that shows you the entire movie that's supposed to entice you to see it after the whole things been given away. Looks terrible anyway in my view. The trailer seemed to have little effect on the audience either.

No comments: