Monday, April 7, 2008

"The Pillars of the Earth" Miniseries

Happy to report that my favorite book, Ken Follett's 1989 The Pillars of the Earth is finally going to be adapted. Not as the big screen epic I'd always hoped for, but as a miniseries. At this point, I'll take what I can get. And that's not to say a feature film couldn't still be made.

The company that's making the film is Scott Free, Inc., founded by directors Ridley Scott and Tony Scott. The company has done many notable feature films (such as American Gangster) as well as TV (they produce Numb3rs). Scott Free is producing the film with TANDEM COMMUNICATIONS.

The novel will be adapted by screenwriter John Pielmeier of Agnes to God fame.

Even though I don't get pay cable stations, I hope it is produced for one of them so it won't be censored in any way: who wants a TV14 or TVMA version.

It begins filming this month. Can't wait...

No comments: