Warner Bros. studio really looks idiotic, not making their decision to push the new Harry Potter to July '09 before Entertainment Weekly ran a cover story on their Fall Movie Preview. Plus, when I saw Star Wars: The Clone Wars this weekend, there was a trailer for Half-Blood Prince announcing it as a November release. Additionally, having the studio tell us that the movie was not behind schedule and that they were only moving it because of what— greed?— does not exactly bode well either. OK: rant over. And poor EW, following their Summer Movie Issue with Indy on the cover (rather than future box office champ Dark Knight) with this blunder. But, no matter, EW's movie previews are still my favorite issues.
Fall films that I'm most anticipating:
1. Quantum of Solace (November 7)— Daniel Craig returns as 007
2. Synecdoche, New York (October 24)— Charlie Kaufman directs
3. Burn After Reading (September 12)— The Coens are back
4. Religulous (October 3)— Bill Maher/Larry Charles and that taboo subject
5. W. (October 17)— Irresistible
6. Revolutionary Road (December 26)— Leo & Kate together again
7. Changeling (October 24)— Jolie Oscar #2?
8. Doubt (December 12)— Oscar bait
9. Eagle Eye (September 26)— Autumn popcorn
10. Igor (September 19)— What hump?