Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No AFI Special?

If it's June, it must be time for another AFI "list" television special. However, this year there has been no announcement. A sign of the recession? The fact that there's nothing left to make a list about? Probably both. But either way its AFI's first break from the formula since the specials started in 1998 (a couple years they even did two specials). Of course, last year's top ten from ten generes swallowed up a lot of potential material. I actually would have liked to have seen a top 100 westerns list, for example.

It's time for One Line Review's summer hiatus. Time to take in some of the summer sun. I'll be back on June 22nd with more on the movies... with more regularity than of late, I'm planning on getting a new laptop-- my old one has been on the fritz, and its the reason for my recent lack of entries.

No comments: