Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spring Movie Preview 2008

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY gives us their annual Spring Movie Preview.

With the end of awards season, it's time for One Line Review to take a three-week hiatus. I'll be back on March 22nd with more on the movies... In the meantime, below are my picks for the top five Spring movies I'm most looking forward to seeing:





FIVE on my Spring '08 List to See:

THE BANK JOB. Phillips & Roeper have started the buzz rolling on this one. Jason Statham might find himself in a critical hit this go-round in addition to a commercial one.




DR. SEUSS' HORTON HEARS A WHO! Steve Carrell and Jim Carrey: how could it go wrong? March 14.








STOP-LOSS. Director Kimberly Peirce, who gave us the searing BOYS DON'T CRY, has been off the radar since that film's 1999 release. I've been dying to see what she would do next, and on March 28th I'll find out.


SHINE A LIGHT. Scorsese does so on the Rolling Stones. April 4.








SMART PEOPLE. Who knows if this'll be anything, but what a fun cast: Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker, Thomas Hayden Church, and some unknown named Ellen Page. April 11.

No comments: